What are Partition walls ? | Purpose & Advantages of Partition wallsTuesday, March 15, 2011 18:56
Partition walls : The walls which divide the floor area of the building into number of rooms to provide privacy to the inhabitants of the building from sound and sight are called partition walls.
Generally these are non-load bearing walls and therefore, their cross section is taken thin.
Purpose of Partition walls:
- These walls are made to divide the floor area of the building.
- For privacy purposes for the inhabitants of the building.
Advantages of Partition walls:
- These walls can be easily constructed because they are thin in cross section .
- These walls are light in weight.
- As their cross section is thin so they occupy less area of the floor.
Purposes of Partition walls can also be included in advantages of partition walls.