Partition walls : The walls which divide the floor area of the building into number of rooms to provide privacy to the inhabitants of the building from sound and sight are called partition walls.
Generally these are non-load bearing walls and therefore, their cross section is taken thin.
Purpose of Partition walls:
- These walls are made to divide the floor area of the building.
- For privacy purposes for the inhabitants of the building.
Advantages of Partition walls:
- These walls can be easily constructed because they are thin in cross section .
- These walls are light in weight.
- As their cross section is thin so they occupy less area of the floor.
Purposes of Partition walls can also be included in advantages of partition walls.
THANKS FOR THAT WONDERFUL AND USEFUL INFORMATION. HOWEVER, I WILL BE MORE GRATEFUL IF SKETCHES CAN BE ADDED TO THE NOTE.
Jesse isaac kyom says
What are the functions of partition walls
When calculating design, please during loading, how can we know the figure of our partition, what it should be rather