Plane SurveyingSunday, August 15, 2010 3:17
Definition of Plane survey :
The type of survey in which curvature of earth is not taken into account,as the survey is extend over small areas, is known as the plane Survey.
- This is called plane survey because the Earth’s surface is considered to be Plane in this kind of Survey.
- The line connecting any two points will be the straight line and the angles thus formed are also plane angles.
- It therefore involves knowledge of Geometry and plane trigonometry.
- The accuracy required for this type of survey is comparatively low as compare to Geodetic surveying.
- American Surveyors put the limit of 250 sq km for treating Survey as a plane survey.
- However degree of precision is also very important.
- If high precision is required then the survey should be Geodetic otherwise for low precision we can prefer plane survey.