Role of knowledge of Geology in civil engineering:
Geology plays a very important role in the field of civil engineering. Some applications of the knowledge of geology are given below.
- It provides knowledge about materials used for construction.
- Its knowledge is helpful for river control and shipping work.
- Its knowledge is helpful for constructing dams.
- Geotechnical engineers needs knowledge about this subject for digging work.
- Its knowledge is required for foundation faults.
- For design of highways and roads.
- In construction of tunnels.
- Soil tests are done before any project.
- Economical design is advanced.
- Nature of soil materials can be find out.
saifullah khan says
really helpful to me/////////
Thanks for help
Mohd Javed says
Thank’s for this…it is very helpful to me
really helpful for me > 🙂
mohd nazim says
this site is awesome
GILBERTO CRUZADO VASQUEZ says
Hello, thanks so much for the opportunity to have a link for scientis in geology applied to Civil Engineering and hydraulic Engineering.
These book are great for my to improve my knowledgge.