How much Cover block should be provided in slab and beam ?
- While concreting, steel bars should be given proper cover from sides and bottom.
- Concrete cover is provided by placing precast cover blocks under the steel bars.
- Cover block ratio should be 1:2 (1 being cement and 2 sand).
- Cover block section should be 2.5 cm x 2.5 cm (1 inch x 1 inch).
- Thickness of cover should be 4 cm to 5 cm (1.5 inch to 2 inch) for beam.
- Thickness of cover should be 1 cm to 2 cm (half inch to 3/4 inch) for slab.