Characteristics of safe water :
Safe water has the following characteristics:
- It should be colorless, odorless and tasteless.
- It must be free from pathogenic organisms. Pathogenic organisms are those which cause or capable of causing disease.
- It must be free from toxic substances.
- It must be free from excess of minerals and organic matter.
- It should contain high enough oxygen.
- It should have a suitable temperature.
- Divalent ions such as calcium ions should not be present in the water as they make the water hard and makes it unfit for drinking.
- The allowable ph range should be 6.5-8.5 to control undesirable chemical reactions.
Leave a Reply