Following points must be kept in mind for hand mixing of cement concrete.
- Hand mixing of cement concrete should be done in masonry platform or iron sheet.
- For example if we are making concrete of ratio 1:2:4 proportion by hand, first two boxes of sand and one bag of cement should be mixed dry.
- Mixing of sand and cement should be dry thoroughly.
- Then this dry mix should be placed over a stack of 4 boxes of stone aggregate.
- Then this whole mixed dry should be turn at least three times to have uniform mix.
- Water can be added then gradually with a water-can to the required quantity 25 to 30 litres (5 to 6 gallons) per bag of cement.
- This water quantity will give the mix required work-ability and water cement ratio.