Major steps in Finite element AnalysisMonday, January 20, 2014 18:07
Major steps in Finite element Analysis
The finite element analysis requires the following major steps:
- Discretization of the domain into finite number of sub domains.
- Selection of interpolation functions.
- Development of element matrix for the sub domain element.
- Assembly of the element matrices for each sub domain to obtain the global matrix for the entire domain.
- Imposition of the Boundary conditions.
- Solution of equations.
- Additional computations if desired.