Qualities of a good estimatorSaturday, October 20, 2012 12:11
Posted in category Civil Engineering Practice
Views: 1,211 views
Qualities of a good estimator
Estimator must have the following qualities:
- Estimator has ability to read and interpret drawings and specifications.
- Estimator should have good communication skills.
- He should have knowledge of basic mathematics.
- He should have patience.
- Estimator should have good understandings of fields operations and procedure.
- He should have ability to visualize three dimensional projects by looking at the drawing.
- He should have ability to interpret the risks and then neutralize as much as possible.
- He should have good organizational ability. So that he can communicate his estimate in logical and clear presentation to the client.
- He should have ability to prepare construction schedule.
- He should have ability to anticipate all construction steps in building projects.
- He should have good understanding of labor productivity and equipment performance.
- He should have ability to use the construction company’s job costing system.
- He should have ability to think alternate methods of construction.
- Estimator should have ability to develop strategy for being successful in bidding and negotiation phase of the project.
- Estimator should have ability to meet deadlines and still remains calm.
- He should have a solid load of ethics.
- Estimator should have understanding of contractual relationship.
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.